Inspired by an idea from my sister.
To whom it may concern,
For the following reasons we hereby request that fairytales be banned from the surface of the earth:
1) 99% of women on earth are not princesses and never will be, regardless of what their fathers have said to them!
2) There are very few beautiful and kind women; those attributes are usually mutually incompatible.
3) Chivalry is dead and gone to its grave.
(Men of today are too chicken to save themselves, much less another)
4) Even if chivalry was alive it should be murdered because it is a misogynistic concept based on the fact that women need saving; we can assure you, they do not!
5) We have searched high and low for a happily ever after and have found none.
6) There is a very thin, almost non-existent, line between good and evil and most earthlings linger at this border!
7) The blonde, beautiful, skinny princess has created the blonde, beautiful, skinny model which in turn has created the brunette, plain, overweight anorexic/bulimic teenager.
8) They deceive naive girls into thinking that if they sit pretty and wait, "he" will magically find them. This has resulted in an army of bitter and confused 40-something spinsters.
9) They have conviced generations that to be happy one must fall in love but, they never warn about the searing pain that follows when one hits the ground head first!
10) The expectations they create are the leading trigger for many psychiatric disorders, individual disatisfactions and general societal unhappiness.
In conclusion, it should be considered child-abuse to read fairytales to innocent children about to fall asleep. While they might be be entertaining in the short term, they leave a trail of emotional terror and destruction.
Fairytales should be viewed as a potent threat to modern civilisation and thus be completely eradicated from society.